This FAQ section provides answers to basic questions about Yamgo TV. If you require further assistance then please contact us and our team will be on hand to help you with your enquiries
What is Yamgo TV?
The Yamgo TV Network is more than simply a delivery system, it is a network of channels and users who interact and experience, share and expand, and is quickly growing to be the one place users will go to watch high-quality content. Yamgo offers users an intuitive, original and compelling user experience, available via multiple screens including computer (PC/Mac), TV (connected TV, set top boxes, games consoles) and mobile devices (smartphone and tablets including iPhone, iPad, Blackberry, Nokia and Android devices).
What kinds of TV are available On Yamgo TV?
Through partnerships with international media corporations, dozens of independent production companies and other premium content owners, Yamgo TV offers a wide-range of exciting and enthralling live channels from several different genres. Whether you want to watch live sports, enjoy the best entertainment shows, catch the latest breaking news, check out your favourite music videos, follow the hottest trends and styles in the fashion industry or indulge yourself in the music and movies of Bollywood, Yamgo TV has a channel for you.
How much does it cost to join and use Yamgo TV?
Yamgo TV costs nothing to join and is completely free to use.
How can I start watching TV at Yamgo TV right away?
Go straight to yamgo.com and choose a channel from our extensive line-up. One click on the play button will begin streaming the live channel with no delays or buffering. All you have to do is sit back and enjoy.
Can I watch Yamgo TV in any country?
Yamgo TV streams to any country worldwide and our channels are available globally, although there are rare occasions when channels are excluded from some territories due to rights management. To enjoy the best live TV entertainment, simply ensure you have a computer with a working internet connection.
Do Yamgo TV programmes include advertising?
The Yamgo TV service is free to view and requires no subscriptions or fees for users. The service is funded by video advertising and so video adverts are streamed before and sometimes during channels being played
Why should I create a Yamgo TV account?
Creating your own Yamgo TV account means you'll get the most out of your Yamgo TV experience: social network sharing with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube, Yamgo TV messaging, customized playlists, seamless sharing, and of course a fluid experience between all your Yamgo TV endpoints.
How do I create a Yamgo TV account?
The Yamgo TV team has worked hard to make your registration process as simple as possible, it's so simple that it actually only takes 2 clicks of the mouse. Just click on the Facebook 'Login/Register' button in the top right corner of the Yamgo TV homepage and then click on the 'register' button in the registration box and the process is complete. Welcome to Yamgo TV!
Why do I have to register through Facebook?
Yamgo TV has chosen to integrate Facebook, the world's biggest social network, to ensure the best user experience for all of our viewers. We understand that user privacy is of paramount importance and we've made it a top priority, working with Facebook provides Yamgo TV with a secure account registration solution.
How do I find my password If I can't remember It?
Since all of our registered users are connected through Facebook, you can use your Facebook information to login. If that still doesn't work, you'll need to reset your Facebook login information at facebook.com.
What's the Yamgo TV player?
All live channels play in the Yamgo TV Player, a stylish, advanced video player enabling the highest quality live streaming and video playback.
Is the Yamgo TV player embeddable?
Yes, the Yamgo TV Player lets you embed your favourite channels and share with friends via Facebook, Twitter and more. Just click Share at the top of the Player. Under Embed, just click Copy code.
What are the minimum system requirements to watch Yamgo TV?
Yamgo TV uses version 5.10.2295 of the JWPlayer by Longtail. This requires a minimum Flash version of 9.0.115, however to gain access to all features and improve the user experience, it is recommended to use the latest version of Flash. To get the latest version, or check if your current installation is up-to-date, please visit the Adobe site at get.adobe.com/flashplayer/.For you to enjoy the best possible user experience we also recommend that you have the following:
- Latest version of Microsoft Windows or OSX
- A broadband internet connection
- We recommend use of the service with the following browsers: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher, Firefox latest versions of 2.0 or 3.0 and Safari. The site will work with other browsers, but the user experience may not be as satisfactory.
- Cookies enabled (Internet Explorer security settings set to medium)
Can I use Yamgo TV using Mac and Linux?
Yamgo TV is available to Mac and Linux users. Mac and Linux users are able to enjoy the Yamgo TV experience and all of its channels.
Will you install any programmes on my computer?
No programmes are installed on your machine when you watch Yamgo TV, although you might need to upgrade your existing software. For example, you will need to use Flash version 10.2 or higher. Mac Users will need to use Flash Version 10.
Can I use Yamgo TV when I'm not connected to the internet?
Unfortunately, you can only watch Yamgo TV when you are connected to the internet as it is a streaming service.
Will my ISP charge me for using Yamgo TV?
Some Internet Service Providers(ISPs) impose limits which could impact the volume of Yamgo TV content you can view. You should check with your ISP if you are unsure about their download limits.
Is Yamgo available on mobile devices including smartphones and tablets?
Yamgo provides the most comprehensive, full-featured video streaming solution specifically architected for mobile devices allowing a real-time viewing experience for users where ever they go. Yamgo TV is available on mobile devices including iPhone, Nokia, Blackberry, Motorola, Sony Ericsson, Samsung, HTC, LG, Windows, Android handsets, iPad and other tablets. The mobile web site is accessible at http://m.yamgo.com and Yamgo TV applications can be found in app stores for all smartphone platforms.
What operating systems are supported on Yamgo TV mobile service?
Yamgo TV is available on all mobile devices that have streaming capabilities and network connections and supports all major operating systems such as iOS, Android, Symbian and Blackberry.
Can I use 3G connectivity to watch programmes on Yamgo TV?
If you're using your mobile device, such as iPhone, iPad or Android handset to access Yamgo TV, you can enjoy a high quality and consistent user experience with either 3G or Wi-Fi connectivity.
How do I add a bookmark or shortcut to my home screen?
To help you access Yamgo TV quickly, simply add a bookmark or shortcut on your device.
On an iOS device:
- From your browser window click on the bookmark icon.
- You will be presented with two options:
- Add Bookmark.
- Add to Home Screen.
- You can rename the bookmark if required, and then press 'Add'.
- The Yamgo TV bookmark is then automatically saved on to the home screen.
On an Android device:
- From your browser window tap on the settings button on your device.
- Tap on the 'More' button on the screen.
- Depending on your device you will be presented with the following options:
- Add Bookmark.
- Add shortcut to home (not available on all devices).
- If you have added a bookmark, you can access this at any time from your browser by tapping on the Settings button, and then tap on the Bookmarks icon (the location of the icon varies per device, but can be located at the bottom of the screen, or next to the address bar).
- If your device does not offer the 'Add shortcut to home' option, you can still add the
bookmark to your
home screen. To do this:
- Go to your home screen.
- Press and hold down on the location you want to add the shortcut.
- Tap on 'Shortcut'.
- Tap on 'Bookmark' to open your Bookmarks page.
- Select the Yamgo TV bookmark link to save this to your home screen.
On a Blackberry device:
- From your browser window tap on the bookmark icon (white star with a + sign next to the address bar).
- You will be presented with two options:
- Add Bookmark.
- Add to Home Screen.
- You can rename the bookmark if required, then press 'save'.
- The Yamgo TV bookmark is then automatically saved to the 'All' area on the home screen. To move this to a new location, e.g. Favourites just drag and drop to the required folder.
I'm having problems with streaming, What can i do?
For a smooth playback experience, a broadband internet connection is required. The most common causes for stuttering videos are slow download speed and inconsistent wireless connection. We require a download speed of at least 2Mbps.If you are experiencing stuttering or choppy playback, we recommend performing a speed test of your connection. Visit speedtest.net and click on the green 'Begin Test button'. Once the test is complete, compare the results against our requirements.If your speed test results exceed our requirements, here are some general tips that may help:
- Power down your equipment (computer, modem, and router) for approximately one minute and then power back up.
- If you are watching Yamgo TV over a wireless connection, connect your device directly to your router via Ethernet cable.
- Disconnect any other devices from the network.
- Refer to your router manufacturer for settings and configuration information that can help improve the strength of the network.
How do I report an error on Yamgo TV?
Just send an email to email@example.com detailing your username, a description of the error received and what you were doing in when you received the error.
I'm a journalist and would like to talk to someone about Yamgo TV. Who do I contact?
You can mail our marketing team at firstname.lastname@example.org
I have an idea on how to improve Yamgo TV. How can I give you my feedback?
We're always looking for ways to help improve the Yamgo TV service. click here to get in touch and let us know.